Welcome to the Sixties: A 60th Anniversary Celebration
UPDATE: Dinner+Concert tickets for this event are now SOLD OUT. To purchase $60 Concert-Only tickets to this event, use this button:
We’re celebrating South Bay Musical Theatre’s 60th anniversary with a special evening that includes drinks, dinner, memories, and a one-night-only concert of classics!
Our “Welcome To The Sixties” celebration will start in the Saratoga Community Center with drinks, a silent auction, awards, and a delicious catered dinner. Then we’ll walk over to the theater for a special concert of classics from the sixties. Current, past, and future SBMT stars will perform songs you know and love from shows such as Funny Girl, Bye Bye Birdie, Camelot, Sweet Charity, and Mame, along with 1960’s pop hits “Blowin’ in the Wind,” “Son of a Preacher Man,” a Beach Boys medley, and more.
Celebrate the 176 productions we’ve staged so far get a glimpse into SBMT’s bright future, and enjoy the incomparable company of SBMT’s fabulous family!
Space is limited! Purchase your tickets to reserve your spot. Tickets to the full event are $100 per person (SOLD OUT) and include dinner, drinks, the concert, and post-concert dessert reception. Concert-only tickets are $60 per person.
SPECIAL ONLINE AUCTION!
Support SBMT’s future and win special experiences and prizes! Bid online and at the event – the auction opened April 15 at https://southbaymt.com/auction.
The 39 talented performers who will be entertaining at our 60th anniversary concert include: Emily Acosta, Chloë Angst, Charles Anthony, Jillian Bader, Francesca Cipponeri, Gabby Crolla, Ray D’Ambrosio, Karen DeHart, Cami DeMarco, Derek DeMarco, Ethan Glasman, Shawna Gonzales, Matt Hall, Barbara Heninger, Michael Paul Hirsch, Carly Honfi, Syeda Huq, Jennifer Kohler, Laura Lang-Ree, Katie Lannin, Ann Lucena, Jen Maggio, Cynthia Xiyuan Mahoney, Elizabeth McClelland, Mary Melnick, Shawn Miller, David Mister, David Murphy, Molly Olivas, Raiña Parks, Will Perez, Barbara Reynolds, Michael Rhone, Nicole Roca, Michael Saenz, Gloria Garcia Stanley, Alison Starr, Jay Steele, and Braden Taylor.
- Chloë Angst, who appeared as Marta in our 2022 production of Company, will perform “Easy to be Hard” from Hair.
- Molly Thornton, who played Mama Rose in 2013’s production of Gypsy, will sing “Hey, Look Me Over” from Wildcat.
- Barbara Reynolds, seen here in her performance from Ragtime, will sing “Before I Gaze at You Again” from Camelot.
- Laura Lang-Ree, who appeared in “JB Presents: Holiday Big Band Bash,” also appeared in SBMT’s concert production of Chess. She will perform “See What it Gets You” from Anyone Can Whistle.
- Raiña Parks, who appeared in our 2022 production of Broadway In Love, will perform ”Old Maid” from 110 in the Shade.
- Jillian Bader, who appeared in our 2019 production of A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder, will perform “Son of a Preacher Man.”
- Carly Honfi, who played the lead role in 2013’s production of Funny Girl, will reprise the show-stopper, “People” from that show.
- Charles Anthony, who was seen on our stage just last month as Sheriff Joe Sutter in The Spitfire Grill, will sing “Feelin’ Good” from The Roar of the Greasepaint, The Smell of the Crowd.
- Ray D’Ambrosio (My Fair Lady, 2017) and Barbara Heninger (She Loves Me, 2020) will perform “Kids” from Bye Bye, Birdie.
- Jay Steele (My Fair Lady, 2017) and Ethan Glasman (On The Town, 2022) will perform the title song from Hello, Dolly!
- Mary Melnick and Karen DeHart, performing “Bosom Buddies” from Mame. Mary will also solo “If He Walked Into My Life.”
Trio, performing “The Boy From…” from The Mad Show:
- Michael Saenz appeared in our 2022 production of On The Town as Chip (and will play Cosmo Brown in the upcoming Singin’ in the Rain)
- Francesca Cipponeri, who played Ivy Smith in On The Town, may also be remembered from a sultry dance she performed in last fall’s production of Company.
- Michael Rhone has appeared in numerous SBMT shows, including Thoroughly Modern Millie in 2019 and our 2013 production of Les Misérables.
Performing a “hootenanny” medley of sixties folk songs:
- Syeda Huq, Gabby Crolla, Cynthia Xiyuan Mahoney, Ann Luceña, Emily Acosta, Katie Lannin, Michael Paul Hirsch, Nicole Roca. The octet will perform: “Blowin’ in the Wind,” “Judy’s Turn to Cry,” “Build Me Up Buttercup,” “Angel of the Morning,” “Leaving on a Jet Plane,” “Those Were the Days,” “Walk on By,” “Both Sides Now,” “For What It’s Worth,” and “Scarborough Fair/Canticle.”
Performing “Hey, Big Spender” from Sweet Charity:
- Alison Starr, Gloria Garcia Stanley, Jen Maggio, Jennifer Kohler, Elizabeth McLelland, Cami DeMarco, and Shawna Gonzales.
SPONSORSHIPS start at $2500 and include reserved dinner tables, choice concert seating, Champagne, and more. For information about sponsorship, call 408-266-4734 or email Kama.Belloni@SouthBayMT.com.