“Sit Down, You’re Rocking The Boat!”
Has anyone told you that you’re rocking the boat? We can use someone like you on our Board of Directors. Elections are held annually in June. To contact the SBMT Board, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions? Contact email@example.com. Meet our current Board Members below.
Board of Directors Subcommittees
- Community & Inclusion
- Description: Develop relationships and outreach with the diverse members of the Saratoga, South Bay, and West Valley communities.
- Co-chairs: Soni Kapoor, Aly Suleman
- Board Members: Michael Hirsch, Steve Sammonds
- Non-Board Members: Sara Dean
- MISSION: We are a diverse group of theatre makers working to identify and re-envision the theatre experience by more accurately reflecting the diverse community that we serve. South Bay Musical Theatre acknowledges the unhealthy history of implicit bias in theatre, and is committed to creating content that is representative of our community and also educates our audience. We hold ourselves accountable at every level, including the board of directors, staff, artists, and volunteers to include, uplift, and amplify underrepresented and misrepresented voices. Respectful representation inspires and ripples out into meaningful and necessary change.
- Development & Fundraising
- Description: Plan and execute SBMT’s annual giving and fundraising events. Develop Patron relationships in support of fundraising, members and volunteers.
- Co-chairs: Barbara Heninger, Kathy Switky
Board Members: Michael Hirsch, Stacy Levin, Elizabeth Matthews, Dan Singletary
Non-Board Members: Kama Belloni (Development Manager), Sara Dean, Doug Hughes, Jordan Selburn
- Organizational Development
- Description: Evaluates, builds, and maintains processes and systems for SBMT’s operations, ensuring efficiency, timeliness, accuracy, and transparency.
- Chair: Tipu Purkayastha
- Board Members: Barbara Heninger, Michael Hirsch, Steve Sammonds, Dan Singletary, Braden Taylor, Soni Kapoor
- Non-Board Members: Jay Steele, Sara Dean
- Vision & Planning
- Description: Creates and develops SBMT’s vision and artistic goals, including themes and season selection. Identifies and supports programming that upholds our core values, mission and vision.
- Chairs: Ed Hunter, Steve Sammonds
- Board Members: Michael Hirsch, Nicole Tung, Elizabeth Matthews
- Non-Board Members: Sara Dean, Doug Hughes
SBMT staff members
- Sara K. Dean – Executive Artistic Director
- Doug Hughes – Director of Marketing & Social Media
- Diane Hughes – House Manager & Box Office
- Jeffrey Henson – Facilities Director
- Dan Singletary – Chief Technical Officer
- Kama Belloni – Development & Patron Manager
Board Meetings are held on the second Wednesday of each month, often at the SBMT studio, 761 Mabury Road, San Jose, CA or via Zoom. Visitors are permitted, but will be excused when confidential information is discussed. For a meeting invitation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bylaws and Voting Information are posted on this website. Read the SBMT Bylaws to understand the official rules of SBMT as a non-profit organization. See the Participation Requirements for Voting Members to understand who is eligible to vote in elections of SBMT Board members.
Financial Reports are available to active SBMT members. If you would like to see the most recent Financial Report, please email email@example.com.
Meeting Minutes starting from 2019 are posted on this website at https://southbaymt.com/category/board-minutes/ Other past minutes are available to active members who email our Recording Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To contact the SBMT Board, email email@example.com
For other questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR BOARD MEMBERS ONLY:
Internal Information is available to elected Board members at https://sites.google.com/a/southbaymt.com/board-wiki/home. (If prompted, select your southbaymt.com account to access this page. Non-authorized persons will get an error message.)