South Bay Musical Theatre announces auditions for Company
- Directed by: Vinh G. Nguyen
- Choreography by: Michael Saenz
- Vocal Direction by: Anita Carey
- Musical Direction by: Joseph Kelly
- Casting Consultant: Dave Leon
THIS PAGE UPDATED JULY 30, 2021
This week, the CDC announced a recommendation to require masking for all indoor activities for those in “Substantial Transmission” areas regardless of vaccination status. Since Santa Clara county is in a “Substantial Transmission” area and because South Bay Musical Theatre prioritizes the health and safety of our patrons and theater community, we have decided to not hold in person auditions and ask everyone interested in auditioning to do VIDEO SUBMISSIONS. We are being proactive on canceling the in-person option to give our auditioners ample time to prepare and record. Thank you for understanding. At this time, callbacks will still be held in person with small groups on Aug 14 & 15 from 10 am to 2 pm.
INSTRUCTIONS for Submission:
Video-recorded audition submissions due: Sunday August 8, 2021 by noon.
- Please record: a 1-2 minute song, about 32-48 bars. We are looking for dynamic performers. Please, show off!
- Please give a brief introduction of yourself: include your name, song title, and tell us a bit about yourself and why this show interests and excites you.
- Record introduction and song and upload to a video sharing site (e.g., Google Drive, YouTube, Vimeo, etc.).
We will ask you to provide a link to your video and to upload a headshot and resume. Please make sure your video is viewable. Naming your files with your name is helpful (i.e. jane_doe_resume). Please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org
) if you have any questions or issues. We want to see your audition and will help in any way we can!
Reminders about SBMT COVID Policy:
All Company cast members need to be vaccinated at least two weeks before rehearsals begin. We will ask for vaccination proof once you are cast. More information can be found at https://www.southbaymt.com/covidplans/
. Once again, please contact us with any questions at email@example.com
Video audition submissions: due by Sunday, August 8, 2021 by noon. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Callbacks by invitation: Saturday August 15 & 16, 10 am – 2 pm at 761 Mabury Rd, Suite 20, San Jose, CA (near 101 & 880) See COVID note below.
First rehearsal: mid-November, 2021 (break for Thanksgiving and over holidays)
Opening Night: January 29, 2022
Closing Night: February 19, 2022
SEE COMPLETE ANNOUNCEMENT ON OUR AUDITION PAGE.